Pages

Tuesday 11 February 2014

Mia's Favourite iPad Games and Apps

I think it is safe to say my iPad now belongs to Mia! She totally loves passing time in the afternoon playing on my her iPad. So in this post I will be sharing her top 5 favourite games to play and my opinions on them. I should note that I'm not a biggest fan of her playing on the iPad because of the amount of in app purchases on the kids games. Which compel me to spend a fair bit on the apps as she gets frustrated otherwise!

Peekaboo Kids (By The Barn Of Kinder Kids)



The aim of the game is in the title on this one, it is quite simple for my daughter to use. The main menu provides an intro song with a big button to continue. Which takes you to the menu in the second picture. This game is free to download but only comes with 2 games unlocked, my daughter enjoyed the first one so much, that I did indeed unlock the rest for her! How could I not? :-)

Basically the barn/bushes/stage etc shake until your child touches it and then reveals what is hiding, this goes on a few turns and then finishes with an outro song and dance. I'd say this app is fun and educational for my daughter as each time it reveals whatever is hiding the app says its name and shows the noise it does too! There is also a "Guess the Item" game which is included free but this one is a little too advanced for my daughter and she doesn't quite get it yet. 

Nursery Rhymes (By Internet Design Zones)


This app is very interactive for babies and toddlers. All the way through every song there is fun animations for them to click on whilst enjoying the song too. My daughter often dances along to the music. She gets so excited to see the moon yawn and stretch on "twinkle twinkle little star" and often imitates which provides her with great acting skills I assure you! :-D This app comes with 3 songs free, then you need to pay for the rest.  I have bought 2 additonal songs and for now she has been content with the selection.

Talking Tom (By Out Fit 7 LTD)


Talking Tom is by far my daughters favourite app, she finds this one absolutely hilarious and has great fun repeatedly greeting him "Hellooo!" while he repeats. Mummy on the other hand is not so much, as Mia is constantly clicking the ads but I just close them for her rather than paying for the privilege to not have them. I may change my mind on this at some point but for now I am standing my ground :) I do find it so adorable when she plays this though, I have actually recorded her on it and showed all of the family because it is so sweet.

Cbeebies Playtime (By Media Applications Technologies Limited)


A fantastic app by Cbeebies, no ads, no in app purchases just 100% fun for babies and toddlers.
At the minute Mia only plays on 1 out of 6 of the games but I know that soon she will be having a lot of fun on the others too. The others are a little too advanced for her and the "make a picture" game doesn't seem to engage her interest. The game she loves to play the most is "Something Special Paint Pop" It is super easy for her to use and she loves to see the finished product. 

I'd also like to add that whilst writing this I checked on the other games and the Tree Fu Tom Chuckleberry Chase is actually quite fun for myself. So there you have it this app can even be fun for Baby & Mum!


Colour Drops (By Kid Baby Toddler LTD)


My daughter has started to love drawing all of a sudden to the point she demands "DRAW,DRAW, MAMA!" so while this app is not as fun for her as crayons and paper she does enjoy using it now and again and invites me to join in too! There is quite a few in app purchases on this one but she doesn't often click them and I've had no need to buy them. The free version has been fine for us.

Has your Baby/Toddler played on any of these?
What are your childs favourite apps?

No comments:

Post a Comment